October 31, 2006 at 2:12 pm (personal goals)
I’ve committed to something that will be a little challenging.
It all started innocently enough. I want to write more. I kinda started this blog as a way to do so, but I’ve had a tendency to not do so regularly. Then I heard about NaNoWriMo, where you commit to writing a novel of a certain length in the month of November, and I thought, Hmmm, interesting. I signed up for the reminder, and then realized there was no way I was going to be able to do it. It takes planning to set aside that kind of time. Planning which I have not done. So I was a little down on myself for not following through. But then…
I discovered NaNoBloMo. And my hope was reborn, on a slightly smaller scale. Maybe I could practice a little bit. Maybe I could just put up thirty pictures. (especially now that I have a digital camera) Nahh, that’d be cheating. But I am going to try. Some of them may be time delay postings, since there is at least a few days when I am unsure of computer access in the middle of the month, but that is the only time I am uncertain of.
Now I have to start figuring out what I want to write about for thirty days.
Maybe next year I’ll write short story and work my way up to the novel.
October 30, 2006 at 4:37 pm (crafting, knitting)
35. Prayer shawl #35 — simple Feather and Fan Shawl based on the pattern idea in Folk Shawls. Don’t know if it will be as large, since I think I am using less yarn.
I am using Mountain Colors 4/8′s wool; Color Sierra, which has lovely fall colors. I’ll get a picture up as soon as I have proper light to take a picture in.
36. Felted box from MD Knitting book — Using worsted Lamb’s Pride instead of bulky, so won’t be quite as large.
Quick stuff, so it is not adding hugely to the list.
October 30, 2006 at 4:30 pm (crafting)
This may not help anyone else, but it helps me to collect my thoughts.
15. quilt for Mom — no change
16. potholders — no change
17. jewelbox quilt — no change
18. preemie sleeper for charity/friends; also need to make a hat — Finished the hat — like the yarn. May use it for a summerweight cardigan for myself. Will give a more detailed update in a little.
19. bags — no change
20. yellow dress — no change
21. winter dresses — no change
22. spinning for grey sweater — done some more.
23. Celtic blackwork pattern — no change
24. wristwarmers with leftover yarn from springtime hat (I need to tell you about that one too.) — I think this one must go.
25. possibilities for leftovers — no change
26. purplish brown cardigan w/very special yarn — no change
27. Lochinver sweater — moving right along
28. new baby sweater — will do a separate post soon.
29. prayer shawl #2 — finished; will do a separate post soon.
30. Quilt wall hanging — no change
31. Evergreen quilt — no change
32. Started one of the linen hand towels — moving along, but about to run out of yarn; slight problem here!
33. Next lace shawl, no change except maybe found some yarn, except that it require me dyeing it
34. Socks with Koigu yarn — undid what I had done on US000 needles, now doing on US0 needles. Have already gotten past where I was before, so moving right along.
NOTE: I have a new digital camera, so pictures will follow soon!!!!