I find that when I go on a trip, I actually think about crafts more than most people might think. That is when I take the opportunity to browse through books that I checked out of the library, books on techniques, new patterns, new ideas, or moving farther along with the ones I already have. I work on projects, but they are either a project that needs a specific piece of work done that needs a bit more concentration and time than I can easily achieve at home, or else something easy and simple. And of course, portable.
But after I started this blog entry, I realized that I didn’t feel anything profound to say about that fact. I didn’t find time to write on the vacation time, time blurred on me when I got back home, and suddenly…
My brain is full of things to work on, craft-wise and other. I think I need a mental clearing, in other words, a LIST.
- Weaving dishtowels — I actually started up the weaving of them. All I can say is, the warping shows that I am a beginner.
- Spinning silk — I’d like to get that batch done, so I can actually see if I’ve achieved anything, plus I really want to move on to the Shetland batch I got in class.
- Domovoi shawl — significant progress
- Socks — I’ve stalled because I don’t have a good way to carry them around because I lost my stitch covers. I really must buy some more, because they really, really made a difference.
- Lochinvar sweater — hibernating until I pick up the arms
- Top-down sweater — ready to pick up again now that it’s cool
- Scarf — I feel this weird guilt that I’ve been working on this so long and haven’t yet finished it. It’s for me, so nobody is expecting it, but really!
- Baby kimono — it just needs the i-cord edging added.
- Dragon crossstitch — I’m actually approaching the end. What I really need right now is some finishing details before I focus totally on the backstitch. I already have two crossstitch/embroidery patterns to start on as soon as this is done, one large, one small.
- Quilting of denim quilt, done by hand, moving along slow but steady
- Sampler quilt for machine quilting — I need to baste it
- Crazy quilt — still piecing
- French braid quilt for bedroom — still piecing
- Bag for DNiece1
- Nightshirt for learning about sewing with knits
- Muslin for dress in style I really like
- Baby hat, using up leftovers
- anything else I can think of? There are several ideas that I am contemplating as soon as I finish something!!!! Cotton cardigan, next lace shawl, next batch of dishtowels, machine embroidery decorations for crazy quilt (it’s a machine crazy quilt), the really big idea of a quilt made from my woven fabric, maybe some of which I spun myself? I’ll have to write a separate idea blog post for that one.
Anyway, that is just the craft list. There is still continuing work on the bathroom renovation, after which I’ll have a long list of items to finish up in general in relation to the house, especially cleanup!!! Also, I’m getting interested in digital scrapbooking. New ideas everywhere.
Okay, that helps a little bit. I need to go back and finish the list in detail for the bathroom and home stuff, then a list for Christmas gifts, then maybe I’ll figure out what needs my focus right now, for which I have enough energy.