What were my accomplishments this month?
- Ginger cookies in progress; finally got my hands on non-blackstrap molasses. Didn’t realize there was a difference.
- Lost 5 lb. I think I can finally claim it with a certain degree of confidence. Now for the next five.
- Progress on putting together desktop, but not completed. Need to buy a cheap monitor.
- Did finish the weaving on my loom and made progress on Lochinvar in the Olympic knitting, enough I think to get me over the hump of getting it done. I did not, however, achieve the actual goal of finishing it. But, well, progress is progress.
What were my disappointments this month?
- Computer, computer, computer
- gutter fell down, which means now the gutters must be replaced
What books/shows/movies did I enjoy this month?
- trying James Doss mysteries, not so wild
- re-reading some Terry Pratchett
- Still trying to finish the Avengers video set on Netflix; the Man from UNCLE is coming!
What significant events occurred this month?
- placed membership
What fun things did I do with my family and/or friends?
It was a quiet month, so must the usual meetings at lunch with friends and the guild meeting.
What gifts did I give and/or receive?
What special or unusual purchases did I make?
New underclothing that is now turning out not to fit because of the 5 lb. I lost. This is a supreme irony.
What illnesses or health concerns did I have?
- Sinus pressure
- Started acupuncture to see if it might help with the sinus pressure; am considering cutting dairy
- Extremely hungry? controlling portions
Anything else noteworthy to include?
Updated to add: I forgot — the Olympics! Although I did not watch as much as I would have liked (I had to go to bed at a reasonable hour), I did enjoy the bits I got to see. And I hope to be able to go back to the Olympics website and watch some of the videos of things I missed seeing.