What special or unusual event occurred?
The church I attend had a general retreat, which I enjoyed quite a bit.
I also did a spinning demo, which was minimally successful. (The location wasn’t great.)
What were my accomplishments this month?
Did a major teaching at work where I got recorded. We hope to use this as part of the basis for the coming online class.
What were my disappointments this month?
We had a minor dustup in the family where I was stuck in the uncomfortable middle position. I think it may be at least semi-resolved, but the underlying problem has no real solution that I can see. Only prayer.
What books/music/shows did I enjoy this month?
Books: Well, I started to keep a list, but it didn’t last! I know I read: World lit only by fire; Handmade nation; reread some of the “In death” series by J.D. Robb; reread some of the Nalini Singh Psy-Changeling series, and considerably more.
Shows – didn’t do it yet but I have tickets to see a Cirque de Soleil show. I haven’t seen one in years, so I’m a trifle excited.
What crafts did I work on this month (not what I finished, but what did I work on)?
- Made progress on my summerweight cardigan, as in finished the back and started the fronts; also semi-started the sleeves, just to keep things consistent
- Plugging away at my denim quilt
- Worked on green socks #16 (#8 for the year)
- Did a little more work on the shawlette Citron
What fun things did I do with my family and/or friends?
Visited my brother and his family. Visiting my sister is at the end of the month.
What gifts did I give and/or receive?
Mom sent me a check to help celebrate my birthday this month. I also received a nice award at work for some work on teaching that I’ve been doing. I really need to figure out what I want to do with this money. Probably half indulgence and half savings. (I’m thinking of something like a Flip video device. Not sure though.)
What special or unusual purchases did I make?
I had to replace my headphones for my ipod because I – most humiliatingly – CUT the cord when I was working in my garden.
What illnesses or health concerns did I have?
- My allergies continued to be a big concern, but I feel like the shots have turned a corner in getting things calmer.
- I had a minor alarm regarding blood pressure, but right now that simply means I am going to monitor it on one of those free machines at work.
My brother AND sister keep recommending fish oil.
Anything else noteworthy to include?
I don’t really feel any older.
I’m continuing to plan on the 10K in November.
Bloglines and Xmarks are going down, which annoys me considerably.
Better late than never.