What special or unusual event occurred?
Well, Christmas was fairly special.
What were my accomplishments this month?
I did all the work to update a website as needed. It was unnecessarily awkward due to other people’s problem, but I worked with it.
I also got all my gifts taken care of ahead of time, although one gift certificate was delayed. (I did do it early enough, I thought, but apparently not.)
What were my disappointments this month?
I kept feeling the urge to do some sewing, but I can’t find the time.
What books/music/shows did I enjoy this month?
- The Celts by Barry Cunliffe
- Thread of truth by Marie Bostwick — Very good. I really need to get my hands on the other two in this series.
- Clare O’Donohue Someday Quilts series — mostly amusing, but I have to say I found it harder and harder to like Nell as the second book progressed. She clearly states that she is lying and she knows it, she is justifying it because she is trying to protect her grandmother yet she shows a complete lack of faith in several people whom she professes to trust, and she knowingly screws up the evidence for the police. I’m supposed to like this girl?
- Ella Enchanted — hilarious!
- Voyage of the Dawn Treader – why, why, why do they feel the need to change the storyline? The Narnia series is a classic for a reason, and both Prince Caspian and Voyage were fundamentally changed. Epic FAIL!
- How to train your dragon – amusing, especially my niece’s comment on how it wasn’t like the book. I didn’t even realize there was a book, so I’m going to have to look it up.
- Galaxy Quest (or was that in November?) — whenever it was, it was funny!
What crafts did I work on this month (not what I finished, but what did I work on)?
- denim quilt – almost done with quilting!!! Next the binding and then I am done
- felt bag with little girl
- felt flowers
- knitting baby hats for friend at work (four plus one)
- socks #17 – finished
- socks #18 (alpaca)
- summweight cardigan
- weaving on inkle loom a band using cotton chenille that didn’t work out for the baby hats
What fun things did I do with my family and/or friends?
Christmas visit with family
What gifts did I give and/or receive?
Lucy Neatby DVD’s, CD’s of Diana Krall and Norah Jones, my new purse that I most definitely wanted (the previous one was getting worn on the edges), the tea kettle I need. I didn’t get everything on my list, but then I didn’t expect to.
- Dad: crossword puzzle
- For Mom, we all went in together on a Keurig coffeemaker. During the Xmas visit, we got to try it out, and I do find the concept tempting. Always fresh coffee? Yeah!
- Brother: journal he likes
- SIL: kitchen utensils
- Ni1: gift certificate and a food she likes
- Ni2: drawing pens and horse decorations
- BIL: CD he likes and (new!) Angie’s List subscription
- Sister: necklace
- Ne1: shirts
- Ne2: shirts
- Ne3: books
What special or unusual purchases did I make?
Found some just-right gifts: salt-free spices was a notable one.
What illnesses or health concerns did I have?
Left knee continues to hurt when climbing the stairs and when doing some of the exercises with weights, due to knee bends. I think it is time to see a doctor.
I still don’t completely trust my right ankle, but it is mostly good.
Anything else noteworthy to include?
December is a time when it seriously hard to find sufficient alone time.
We actually had snow on Christmas day!