What special or unusual event occurred?
Vacation at the beach. Other than the day of sinus hideousness, it was a good vacation. (I think there was mold.)
What were my accomplishments this month?
Relaxation. I didn’t really try to do anything more than that, even after I got back to work and routine. When August starts…
What were my disappointments this month?
I would have enjoyed twice as much vacation.
What books/music/shows did I enjoy this month?
- Rex Stout books, six or more
- several of the In death series
- Romances of various types (some SEAL heros, a Stephanie Laurens book, etc.)
- 1636: Saxon uprising by Eric Flint and
- 1636: the Eastern front by Eric Flint
- Green Lantern movie
- The very first episodes of Perry Mason series – I used to watch it with my Dad but the repeats I saw were from the later seasons, I think. The first episodes showed some interesting differences from what I remembered.
- Urban homesteading – already having negative thoughts about this book. It’s too sweeping in some of its generalizations. Or perhaps I should say it is too set in its own mindset.
- Dying to please – romantic suspense by Linda Howard.
- It’s a wrap – craft book; looking forward to it, but probably won’t finish it
- Augustus – a biography of the first emperor of Rome; a very interesting book, with interesting detail. I found it interesting how much of the success of Rome as an Empire instead of a Republic depended on the character of its first emperor. He set things up to function a certain way, and he did so successfully. But a lot of it was based on his own character. Once later princeps came along that didn’t have his same character, they weren’t as successful. But the overall structure was.
- Some more episodes from Season 2 of The man from U.N.C.L.E.
What crafts did I work on this month (not what I finished, but what did I work on)?
- Socks #19 in Panda silk – finished
- Inkle loom belt
- Finished the Gail shawlette
- Worked on lacey cowl but have decided to frog it, as I realized I would not have enough yarn.
- Started Pine & Ivy shawl
- Also a baby kimono, as I will need to have another baby sweater to give – the purple one was given on the last day of July.
What fun things did I do with my family, friends, or by myself?
Saw Green Lantern, vacation at the beach, and celebrated my parent’s 50th wedding anniversary. That was plenty.
What gifts did I give and/or receive?
Singing for my parents at their party with my siblings.
What special or unusual purchases did I make?
Storage containers, some for the living room; Solitude Wool, both yarn and fiber or spinning; and big purchase from Amazon, being a collection of many small things that would have been more work to buy locally.
What illnesses or health concerns did I have?
Sinus infection symptoms return; allergist; ct scan; no infection, just basic allergies, but definitely moving on to the nasal sprays. Three different ones for three different purposes. Oh, joy! (However, they seem to be working; I am cautiously optimistic.)
My ankle complained a bit, swelling up a bit and feeling sore. I really cannot stand for any serious length of time without paying for it. I do hope that one day my ankle will get over this.
Oh and I was reminded that I really can’t skip iron pills, as I have had a week of extreme sleepiness, despite having plenty of sleep. At first I thought it was just the heat – but the heat situation had improved and I was still sleepy! It wasn’t until I was more than halfway through the week and had started to recover (increased iron pill intake) before I made the connection. At a guess, my monthly cycle, plus skipping a few days, put me below my acceptable levels of iron.
Anything else noteworthy to include?
Quote for drywall repair awaiting.
Met Heather Ordover of Craftlit, now that she lives in my area. Really enjoyable chat.