What special or unusual event occurred?
Well, Christmas, which was good (the whole season, not just the day). My parents visited for the holiday, which went nice. And then a cold. Then I visited my friend from college. And the cold got worse. I ended the year wonderfully sick with a chest cold and ear infection. (Then I started the new year with pinkeye.)
What were my accomplishments this month?
We got rid of my old chair, finally. It’s handy to have a Mom with a big enough car.
I did a good bit of cleanup on my desk at work. Not perfectly clean, but not hugely stacked up, which was an improvement. I can actually see my desk and some things that had been hanging around for too long were finally cleared off.
What were my disappointments this month?
On the down side, I never found the time to do any clearing out at home.
What books/music/shows did I enjoy this month?
- Whitecollar (I am really enjoying Netflix)
- A Christmas carol, the play done by a local community theater. A bunch of people from my congregation also went, because one of our members was directing it. It was well done and true to the original, which I like.
- Reading-wise, I don’t feel like I read anything special. Though I did discover Kelley Armstrong’s Women of the Otherworld series
What crafts did I work on this month (not what I finished, but what did I work on)?
- Shelter sweater
- Socks #21
- Dragon cross-stitch — declared finished
- Socks #23
- Started another baby kimono
- Worked on the last big seam of the top of the French braid quilt. Although machine-pieced, I decided to do that last seam by hand and then redo on machine for consistency. I was having trouble getting the points to match properly, and I could finesse it better by hand.
- Started the Celtic cross blackwork embroidery
What fun things did I do with my family, friends, or by myself?
Christmas parties and quiet days at home.
What gifts did I give and/or receive?
Craft fair success. My guild has a booth at a Christmas craft fair and this year we tested taking credit cars. We did this using my ipad, which I generously loaned to the guild for the weekend. It definitely worked; our sales were higher than ever. And I personally sold several things, which was gratifying.
What special or unusual purchases did I make?
Conference registration for next month
Trip to Nashville, trip to Dallas: air travel is expensive these days
What illnesses or health concerns did I have?
The leftovers of a cold at the beginning of the month, that lingering, nasty stuff down the back of the throat, which triggered a cough, irritated throat, sometimes sore, and the feeling of difficulty swallowing. It came and went in intensity, but eventually went away. But then at the end of the month after Christmas, I got sick again, with a chest cold. I was surviving that fine, until I got on a plane to visit my friend, which pushed the infection into my ears. So I ended the year with an ear infection.
Fortunately my allergies were fine through all this.
Anything else noteworthy to include?
Started the website work for professional committee.
Joined a coop for foodstuffs.
What clarity did I achieve this month?
Rest. Rest is vital. And I think that is going to be my main focus, my “one little word,” for 2012.