I’m so behind on putting this up that I decided to combine February and March. Of course, partly this is because they were such quiet months that they blended together in my mind.
What special or unusual event occurred?
Honestly, it was such a quiet couple of months, that very little happened, certainly nothing of great note. Actually I like it that way, since the rest of the year is quite intense.
What were my accomplishments this month?
Working hard on a project at work. It is absorbing a great deal of my creative energy. However, I am actively working on some quilts. Plus I did get some green lettuce seeds planted in my raised bed. Here’s hoping it works!
Oh, yes, I finally cancelled my cable tv. I wasn’t watching it, so I finally decided to save myself the money.
What were my disappointments this month?
I can’t think of any.
What books/music/shows did I enjoy this month?
- Nikita tv show episodes
- Robin Hood tv show episodes
- I did purchase the book Quiet. Very revelatory. I already know I am an introvert, but this helped demonstrate some things about myself to myself.
- Quilt books
- Yogurt books
- Re-read the Kate Daniels series by Ilona Andrews. I think I will have to purchase these, as I thoroughly liked them both times. And that is one of my requirements: I have to want to re-read a book before I will buy it.
- Started reading The No. 1 Ladies Detective Agency. To my surprise, I can’t say I was thrilled.
- Catching up with the Honor Harrington series by David Weber. I hadn’t read the last two or three.
- John Carter movie. They did a decent job, despite some fairly significant changes.
- Sharon Lathan’s Darcy books; caught up on the most recent ones
- Other books that I can’t remember at the moment.
What crafts did I work on this month (not what I finished, but what did I work on)?
- Socks #23
- Socks #20 (the ones with a Cat Bordhi pattern, which is why it is taking so long!)
- Shelter sweater
- French braid quilt leftover block
- finally free motion quilting on my Oriental (learning to quilt by machine) quilt
- Percy shawl started
- Kimono #4 & #5 started and finished
- Kimono #6 in Zitron Trekking in stockinette
What fun things did I do with my family, friends, or by myself?
It was a quiet month. The main thing I did was go see the John Carter movie. As I said, I did enjoy it.
What gifts did I give and/or receive?
Cards to my secret sister, as well as a gift each month. March was handmade soaps and seeds. February was – I can’t remember!
I also gave a bridal gift and a baby gift (one of the kimonos).
I made a meal for a family who had just had twins. Those first few weeks after the babies come home are always a little more tiring.
What special or unusual purchases did I make?
Smartphone: I replaced my Motorola Droid with an iPhone 4S, which is a considerable leap. I hadn’t planned on an iPhone, but when I realized they now had the 64GB option, I realized I could replace two electronics – smartphone and iPod – with one, the iPhone. I am pleased with it, overall, although I do wish the screen was a little bigger! I do think, however, that if an Android phone eventually has enough memory to do the same thing, I will want to return to it.
What illnesses or health concerns did I have?
Mammogram time! Not really a concern, just that it was now time. Plus I decided it was time to follow up on the decision to check my heart, due to family history. Fortunately, after the stress test, all looks good.
Unfortunately, I fell on my bike the very day of the stress test. I bruised my right knee rather badly, which put a damper on my running for a while.
Anything else noteworthy to include?
No. It was a really quiet month.
I did return to assistant teaching on Wednesday night at church. Same teachers, different class. We have a mix of of ages from four to seven, and I don’t think it is working.
What rest did I achieve this month?
Active effort to get to sleep on time, but not always sleeping well. However, I did have some quiet weekends, which were highly welcome.