What special or unusual event occurred?
Well, Hurricane Sandy happened. It was pretty intense and unusual.
A coworker, someone I know only lightly, unexpectedly died way too earlier of a massive heart attack. I attended a memorial service for him at work on Nov. 1st. It was moving to hear the tributes by the many people he worked with across the institution. he was in a position that put him in contact with many.
What were my accomplishments this month?
I made good progress on quite a few things at work, including seven classes of the training this month.
I successfully taught my children’s classes at church, but man, I am so looking forward to this quarter being over. I’m too tired to do this justice right now.
What were my disappointments this month?
This was somewhat of a disappointment, but I didn’t make it to a specific recording session for something at work. However, I have decided, upon reflection, that I was just as happy not to have made it.
I barely did anything with the Katrina Kennedy class. But I will get to that info and practice! I will! I promise!
What books/music/shows did I enjoy this month?
- Kate Daniels stories again
- Better late than early
- The Hunger games movie — really did a good job with that; must re-read the book
- The Iron Wyrm Affair by Lilith Saintcrow — really good, better than I expected
- Hexed by Kevin Hearne; part of the Iron Druid series; okay, but definitely check of out library and do not buy choice for me
- A goodly bit of fairly mindless reading, especially during the time of Hurricane Sandy. I did not have a great deal of brainpower to over-focus.
- White Collar, season three on Netflix
- The Immortals movie, which was fairly depressing and dark, via Netflix
- The Mentalist, season 2 continuing via Netflix
- Chuck, season 2 continuing via Netflix
- The A-Team movie — severely disappointing; it lacked what made the tv show really good, via Netflix
- Cadfael: the Holy thief episode, via Netflix
- Poirot episodes from season 5 & 6, via Netflix
- Re-watched Sherlock, from season 1, via Netflix — in preparation for working through season 2
- The Quilt Show, some of the most recent episodes
What crafts did I work on this month (not what I finished, but what did I work on)?
- Percy shawlette
- Finished the Cat Bordhi socks
- Started socks #25
- Finished little red baby sweater, Facile Pullover
- Brown Romney spinning
- Weaving on rigid heddle with a warp bought via a stash sale. All pearl cotton 5, I think. Finished the wool weaving.
- Did a little inkle weaving
- Finished a batch of stuff for the guild sale. Mostly hand-sewing prep, since I’ve already done the knitting and weaving parts.
What fun things did I do with my family, friends, or by myself?
Well, I visited my brother and family.
What gifts did I give and/or receive?
I gave the baby sweater.
I gave my brother a lovely birthday wish for his 50th.
What special or unusual purchases did I make?
My first purchase from Persnickety Prints.
A really cute toy for a friend’s child for Xmas. ha! started my Xmas shopping.
What illnesses or health concerns did I have?
I am fighting off a sinus infection by the end of the month. Iron levels continue to be a little low, but I continue to dose with high iron amounts.
Anything else noteworthy to include?
Shocking news of a retirement at work.
What rest did I achieve this month?
It fluctuates madly.
Teaching the kid’s class on Wednesday night was a mistake. Be careful next time — say maybe, until you’ve had time to think about it.