Roundup questions for blog
What special or unusual event occurred?
Obviously, since I mentioned at the beginning of my previous round up post the death of my mother, this month began with going home to take part in her funeral, etc. It was pretty unusual and special. I don’t know if I will talk about much here, but certainly things around it will be an inevitable part of this month’s events.
What were my accomplishments this month?
I made it through.
What were my disappointments this month?
Trying to keep an even keel.
What books/music/shows did I enjoy this month?
I think it significant to say that a great deal of my reading and watching this month was mindless things specifically meant to take my mind off the grief that was a vivid reality.
- Tangle of need
- Artemis Fowl: The Opal deception
- Lost night / Jayne Castle
- Dream eyes / Jayne Ann Krentz
- Whole bunch more JAK novels that I’ve read before
- Dragon ship of the Liaden universe
- Added in the Texas novels of Lisa Kleypas
- 1493 as an audiobook; about the only serious novel of the month
- Virgin bought and paid for / Robyn Donald — NOT that good
- Some Mary Balogh as well
- Komarr / Bujold
- Diamond quilts / Jan Krentz
- More Artemis Fowl
- Nora Roberts
- one Hercule Poirot
- The Mentalist season 2
- Chuck season 2
What crafts did I work on this month (not what I finished, but what did I work on)?
- Dishcloth weaving
- Socks #26
- Started a new quilt
- Xmas stocking
- Summerweight sweater seaming
- Boiled wool jacket knitting
What fun things did I do with my family, friends, or by myself?
Not much. It was a survival month.
What gifts did I give and/or receive?
The gift of many people reaching out to say wonderful things about Mom.
What special or unusual purchases did I make?
Digital picture of Mom crossing the finish line last April.
What illnesses or health concerns did I have?
Dry skin and headaches.
Anything else noteworthy to include?
I have friends.
What rest did I achieve this month?
I have actually slept well. That is significant, considering.