Roundup questions for blog
What special or unusual event occurred?
Bridge run done by many family members, but I missed it.
Visited my sister, as I usually do.
What were my accomplishments this month?
I gossiped less.
I focused on making sure I got enough protein in my diet, so that I was less hungry, with the idea of losing weight.
What were my disappointments this month?
I faced the reality that I must buy a larger size in pants. It definitely ensures that my focus is on eating right, with the idea of getting under that calorie count and getting enough exercise.
What books/music/shows did I enjoy this month?
- Creation compromises
- Various re-reads, as I was apparently having a hard time focusing on anything very intensely
- Tried Jeaniene Frost — adequate, but not a buy for me. Same thing for J.R. Ward; despite recommendations by many on book sites, not precisely to my taste.
- Beastmaster, Lord of thunder by Andre Norton
- The Mentalist, starting season 3
- Listened to The lost world by Conan Doyle
- Much podcast watching and listening. Especially listening to Jane Eyre as part of Craftlit listening. Really enjoying it, so much so that I am making myself not read ahead in the book, even though I am a little impatient!
- Lady of devices, Magnificent devices, Brilliant devices by Shelley Adina
What crafts did I work on this month (not what I finished, but what did I work on)?
- Socks #26
- Working on said new quilt pretty steadily – and I finished the quilt top! (Well, I need to add a border, but that is not what is called for in the pattern, so I am still calling it finished. In the meantime, I still have to work on the backing and binding, as well as a minimal border.)
- baby quilt for my new grand-niece to come.
- Boiled wool knitting ?
- Wool felt applique wall hanging – I don’t know that I will call it a quilt anymore. It just isn’t a quilt, even if it does end up with multiple layers!
- Oak trail hat by Alana Dakos
What fun things did I do with my family, friends, or by myself?
Quiet days at home
Visit my sister
What gifts did I give and/or receive?
A fellow guild member loaned me her Harrisville Designs loom for a long term borrowing, with the idea of maybe buying. I am looking forward to trying it out, as soon as I finish the project on my Macomber.
What special or unusual purchases did I make?
What illnesses or health concerns did I have?
It’s allergy season. ‘Nuff said?
Lately, I’ve been experiencing noticeable tightness in the hips, especially the left one. I decided to do some extra massage as a result. I think it helped, but by its very nature, massage is temporary. What I really need is regular, intense stretching.
Anything else noteworthy to include?
Bikram yoga coupon
Feedly frustration, but that is due to the slowness of software upgrades at work, not Feedly’s fault really, although if they would stay more backwards compatible, that would be good.
What rest did I achieve this month?
Roundup April 2013