Roundup questions for blog
What special or unusual event occurred?
I visited Dad (alone) for the first time. My sister and some of her family were there, but I stayed a little bit extra; myself, I concentrated on cleaning out the book stuff and the sewing stuff.
What were my accomplishments this month?
I not only got rid of many books in which Dad had no interest, but I also found him a used bookstore that he could find his way to fairly easily. He likes to read, and if he bought everything at the bookstore, it would be fairly expensive. He had been missing a used bookstore ever since the closest one closed down; this one was an awesome replacement. Plus, said used bookstore did take quite a bit of the books and gave him credit for it.
What were my disappointments this month?
I can’t think of anything serious that disappointed me.
What books/music/shows did I enjoy this month?
- Crystal gardens / Amanda Quick
- more Jayne Ann Krentz
- Skimming the Dream series by Nora Roberts. I think I will go back and reread them all the way through before the month is out.
- Sense and sensibility
- second half of Mansfield Park
- Diplomatic immunity / Bujold
- Throne of glass / Sarah Maas
- Bayou moon / Ilona Andrews
- Magic burns / Ilona Andrews, but not very intensely.
- The quilt show — one of the early episodes
- Elementary — watched them on CBS internet site
- Lots of Hercule Poirot
- Campion show – first two episodes
- He-Man and the Masters of the Universe — cartoon remake of cartoon from 1990’s; only the first, opening episodes, which were not that great. I find that I do not really enjoy the Japanese animé style of cartoon.
- Finally watched the Reichenbach Falls episode of Sherlock. Fascinating! And the first thing I did, just to confirm, is to check and see if there was as season 3. There is! It’ll be interesting to see how they handle the return of Sherlock.
What crafts did I work on this month (not what I finished, but what did I work on)?
- Dishcloth weaving
- Socks #26
- Working on said new quilt pretty steadily
- Xmas stocking
- Summerweight sweater seaming
What fun things did I do with my family, friends, or by myself?
I went to the bookstore. I enjoyed my time with Dad. I also enjoyed that visiting time with my sister. I had a really good craft Saturday at home with some friends who came and joined me.
What gifts did I give and/or receive?
This was not a gift-giving month.
What special or unusual purchases did I make?
I did an Amazon purchase, which included a heart rate monitor that would connect to my iphone. We’ll see how well it works. Since my watch/HRM doesn’t really pick up my heartbeat anymore, it is only useful as a timer. I really need something to help me figure out more and better information related to my exercise.
For the first time every, I got my ducts cleaned. I wondered if it would help my allergies. I think it did, although not an extreme difference.
What illnesses or health concerns did I have?
Annoying dryness in the nostrils, due to dry air of winter indoors.
Morning itchiness, sneezing, and/or drainage, due to allergies. This started about mid-February, and continued. I end up having to take a half-dose of a Benadryl-type OTC to get it to stop. If it stops, then I’m good for the rest of the day. But I don’t like having to take that type of OTC; it afflicts me with sleepiness, just a little too much.
Anything else noteworthy to include?
The potential for a trip to a foreign country for work is looking possible.
What rest did I achieve this month?
I actually did get some decent rest.