Roundup questions for blog
What special or unusual event occurred?
Finished up work conference that started in the last of June.
Taught some modules of a new version of an old class at work.
What were my accomplishments this month?
Did some translating of a Spanish Bible lesson for women for a lady who is doing a mission trip in Peru.
What were my disappointments this month?
Can’t think of anything.
What books/music/shows did I enjoy this month?
- Carola Dunn mystery series with Daisy Dalrymple – lots of them!
- A garment of shadows – didn’t finish
- Kai Lung’s golden hours – a quick dip, but didn’t finish
- The bridge of birds on audio – very enjoyable
- The iron wyrm affair
- The red plague affair
- Calculated in death
- Phryne Fisher stories, #2-4
- A royal pain by Rhys Bowen
- The Man from UNCLE, Season 2
- Masques & Wolfsbane
- Nero Wolfe, Season 2
- The mentalist, Season 3
- Inspector Alleyn mystery, season 1
- Foyle’s War, season 1
What crafts did I work on this month (not what I finished, but what did I work on)?
- Socks #28
- Pine & Ivy shawl
- Dress with Craftsy class on The Couture Dress
- Saori weaving on rigid heddle – finished it up
- Did a little on the wool applique
- Pieced some purple scraps into blocks
- Also started on next baby quilt
What fun things did I do with my family, friends, or by myself?
Quick trip at the beginning of the month to see new great-niece.
What gifts did I give and/or receive?
Made ice cream for our Christmas in July party for the Care Group.
What special or unusual purchases did I make?
Waxed tracing paper for sewing
Got my knife and scissors sharpened
Bought some shorts
What illnesses or health concerns did I have?
Eased back on allergy nasal rinse medicine – only once a day instead of twice. However, had to miss an allergy shot, which did not help.
Anything else noteworthy to include?
A quiet month, just the way I like it.
What rest did I achieve this month?
Good rest, especially at the beach. Not getting to bed early enough, but mostly sleeping well once I get there.