What special or unusual event occurred?
I went to the major work conference of the year. This was not unusual, but definitely special, as I was presenting for the first time for an interest group. I was surprisingly un-nervous at the prospect. Teaching does have its side effects.
I went to the major local quilt show. It was nice, though not especially inspiring.
What were my accomplishments this month?
Presentation at the conference.
Found the pictures for nephew’s scrapbook from Mom’s files.
What were my disappointments this month?
Care group cookout was not very well attended. Not a big thing, just mildly disappointing.
What books/music/shows did I enjoy this month?
- Whitecollar, season 3
- Miss Marple movies
- Hercule Poirot movies – with Dad
- Mansfield Park
- Chuck, season 2
- Mentalist, season 3
- Archangel’s blade & storm – just entertaining myself until heart of obsidian came out
- Traitor to the blood – never finished
- Heart of obsidian
- The lost night
- The defiant governess by Andrea Pickens – ok
- The mysterious affair at Styles – re-read due to watching movie with dad earlier in the month. Interesting to note change in Christie’s styles over the course of Poirot’s existence.
- Dead man’s folly
- Abducting Abby and Capturing Cora from the cheap books on B&N. OK, but not inspiring
- Did several Lora Leigh, but skipping around a lot.
- Lord of the Abyss by Nalini Singh – tried out Google Play. I liked the interface, although their interface for book finding is abysmal.
- A Caribbean mystery
- A mourning wedding by Carola Dunn – new mystery series I am enjoying
What crafts did I work on this month (not what I finished, but what did I work on)?
- Socks #27
- Summerweight cardigan, trying to figure out the button bands
- Restarted Pine and Ivy shawl
- Fiddled with quilting, especially finishing the baby quilt for my new great-niece
- Spun some more brown Romney
- Wove on the rigid heddle with Saori weaving attempt
What fun things did I do with my family, friends, or by myself?
I visited Dad. It was a short, weekend visit, but a good thing, I think.
I went with the weaving guild to a member’s house for a fun day. We do something at her house every year, and it is always nice. We’ve been blessed with good weather for the last few years.
What gifts did I give and/or receive?
Nothing, unless you count my visit to Dad as a gift.
Oh, and I did make food for a young couple with their first baby.
What special or unusual purchases did I make?
Heart of obsidian came out. I read it intensely for about three or four days. I will need to re-read it again to plumb its depths for the series.
What illnesses or health concerns did I have?
Nothing really good or bad happening. The nasal rinse medicine is definitely doing well.
Anything else noteworthy to include?
Teaching the 5&6 year olds again for the summer on Wednesday night. That is always a challenge.
What rest did I achieve this month?
I got good rest.