What special or unusual event occurred?
- Farm day
- Maryland Sheep & Wool
- presentation at work conference in Spanish
- Survived Mother’s Day without Mom
What were my accomplishments this month?
Back to the farmer’s markets.
What were my disappointments this month?
Nothing in particular occurs to me.
What books/music/shows did I enjoy this month?
- Latest Darcy by Sharon Lathan
- Beastmaster’s circus
- Grantville Gazette #40
- The King & I, done by a local theater. Enjoyed very much. Never have seen the movie version, so much check it out on Netflix.
- Echo by Jack McDevitt
- Bonds of justice reread
- Dragon blood by Patricia Briggs reread
- Play of passion reread
- Angel’s flight reread
- Other Angel’s books reread
- Tangle of need reread
- Different books in the Black Dagger Brotherhood. I don’t think I will be following this series. Interesting, but not enough to keep me going in it, especially since it is going in directions where I don’t trust the author to take me places I don’t want to go.
- Ironman 3 with some friends
- Dark storm reread
- Still on the Mentalist, season 3
- Also on Chuck, season 2
- As well as Campion – really must get the books to this!
- and Whitecollar
What crafts did I work on this month (not what I finished, but what did I work on)?
- Percy shawlette
- Socks #27
- Socks #26 finished
- Worked on baby quilt for great-niece
- Wove some on handtowels
What fun things did I do with my family, friends, or by myself?
Went to see Ironman 3 with some friends.
What gifts did I give and/or receive?
I gave a shawl that I knitted to the hostess who kindly housed me during the work conference. Her condo was literally within five minutes walking distance of the hotel, so it was marvelously convenient. Fortunately, we got along very well.
What special or unusual purchases did I make?
I finally bought some things I had been thinking about: MadeOn hard lotion and Persnickety Prints credits and prints of many scrapbook pages. I’m fairly sure that I will like the credits: who wouldn’t? The lotion is more of a test.
What illnesses or health concerns did I have?
Allergies getting worse, so I finally went to the allergist. She had a new medicine for me to try, in place of nasal sprays. It went in via the neti pot in saline solution. It seems to be working remarkably well.
Anything else noteworthy to include?
I am liking Bikram yoga. It is intense, but I do feel better when I do it. I think I will pursue this as a regular once a week feature of my workout routine.
I also finally took my old electronics to be destroyed. It had been hanging over me for a while. Glad to have it done.
What rest did I achieve this month?