I’ve got a lot of fiber projects going, and I suddenly realized that I am feeling slightly overwhelmed, so I need to re-establish my list so that I can see the priorities. So…
Items in progress
- Summerweight sweater, very close to being finished – take this to work
- Socks #29, just started, can be done leisurely, as they are not a high priority
- Pine & Ivy shawl, just need to plug along on it a little at a time
- Shelter sweater, need to focus a bit on numbers so that I can finish sleeves and put it together – take this to work
- Baby quilt, needed for end of October as baby gift
- Baby sweater, another kimono, to use up some yarn and have a gift ready
- Bedsize quilt, called Forgotten dreams, I think, which is ready to be quilted and then gifted. However, not a TOP priority
- Do next row on French braid quilt, which is meant eventually for my own twin bed.
- Purple leftovers quilt, which needs to be measure out a bit more precisely
- Blocking and/or washing of several knitted and handspun projects
- Need some knitted flowers to put on a baby hat for selling at Christmas craft fair
- Couture dress
- Dragged down old princess-seams dress
- Shorts in knit fabric
- Spinning Romney fleece, almost done
- Handspinning sampler project: finish Cheviot and move on to October sample
- Wool felt applique wall hanging
Bolded items are taking top priority.
Things I want to do that I haven’t really started yet
- Handweaving some more dishcloths, then some dishtowels: a warp wound but not on the loom
- Weaving a lacy stole on rigid heddle with some of my handspun, multiple skeins (gray wool, purple/gray bamboo/silk, beige camel/silk) – do a sample and/or get input from guild members
- Inkle loom weaving of shoe laces? playing with patterns, really
- Gray sweater with handspun
- Brown sweater with the Romney handspun mentioned above
- Purple Cascade yarn for cowl; hat from leftovers, I hope
- Leftover Shelter for hat? scarf?
- Creatively Dyed yarn for sweater
- Leicester longwool yarn for knitted stole
- Neighborhood Fiber Co. yarn for orange raglan cardigan (use the Knitter’s handy book of top-down sweaters)
- Enough heavy laceweight or light fingering weight yarn for four or more shawls
- Another large quilt. I enjoyed the last one I made, and small quilts, though nice in the visual sense, are less useful.
- Sewing some knit shirts, skirts, and shorts. Maybe pants? New Craftsy class that I just bought!
- I want to sew some skirts and dresses, especially re-creating some of my favored clothes that are showing signs of wear.
Other things demanding my attention
- Money needed for Thanksgiving travel
- Visit friend travel
- Roof replacement
- Antenna for tv
- Scrapbook work
- Organizing for 16th birthday celebration
- Electrician work
- Underclothing purchase
- Contact teenager re: mowing and tree-cutting
- Air conditioner maintenance