What special or unusual event occurred?
I signed a contract to get my roof worked on. It was a deal to to get them in the neighborhood and would save me much money, so I said yes.
What were my accomplishments this month?
Translations of work material into Spanish. I did two modules, which were quite large. Those who are not colleagues here at my office were quite prompt, but my colleagues right next to me? Much slower. Being “in charge” of this process may turn out to be a little annoying because of that.
Finally made the calls so I can get some house stuff done. Electrician coming to enable my front yard light to finally work.
What were my disappointments this month?
Just…missing Mom a bit more. This month would have been their 52 anniversary. Dad felt it a bit.
What books/music/shows did I enjoy this month?
- Nero Wolfe DVD
- A game of chance / Linda Howard
- The Quilt Show
- The Mentalist
- Blaze of memory, in a distracted kind of way
- Heart of obsidian
- Sins and needles / Monica Ferris
- Brides quartet / Nora Roberts
- Secrets of a summer night / Lisa Kleypas
- Tried Consider the fork, but I just couldn’t get into it.
- Delusion in death
- Bronze gods / A.A. Aguirre — new author and I definitely liked him/her.
- The vanishing man / R. Austin Freeman
- Thankless in death / J.D. Robb
- Deception cove / Jayne Ann Krentz
- Five little pigs / Agatha Christie
- Fair game / Patricia Briggs
What crafts did I work on this month (not what I finished, but what did I work on)?
- Summerweight sweater — I’m SO close.
- Socks #28
- Spinning for fiber study: Brown Manx Loaghton
- Spinning Romney
- Oak trail hat (#2)
- Leftovers hat with the same yarn as the Oak trail. This one will be for sale.
- Big quilt got basted at my sister’s, where I had room to spread out.
What fun things did I do with my family, friends, or by myself?
Lunch with a friend (sort of) that I hadn’t seen in a while. She attends another congregation, mostly, so it is not easy to see her. But oddly, I don’t necessarily feel a strong sense of connection to her. She is a sister in Christ, but I’m uncertain that calling her a friend meets my definition.
I visited my sister later in the month. We had a good time together.
I indulged in a lovely meal at Macaroni Grill for my birthday, including the mozzarella sticks.
What gifts did I give and/or receive?
Dad remembered to send me something for my birthday!
My sister took me out to lunch.
And for my birthday, I was well-remembered by those I love. I still missed Mom, though.
What special or unusual purchases did I make?
A case to carry books back and forth from work. It is something I have been needing, and I really like this one, as it is hard-sided and looks more durable than the previous ones. I sincerely hope I will be able to use it for a long time.
Finally got back to the place where I buy bras. I bought a good one, and ended up trying out sports bras there as well. I think I will like this one, thought it had to be ordered.
What illnesses or health concerns did I have?
Allergies, endless allergies.
Anything else noteworthy to include?
I watched the coming government shut down with a mixture of apprehension and anticipation. As a government worker, it would most definitely affect me.
What rest did I achieve this month?
Pretty good, although it is always interesting to notice that I will sleep well over a weekend or vacation, and then the night before I go back to work? I sleep badly, which means I return to work as tired as I left it, more or less. I’m really not sure why.