June 17, 2014 at 3:05 pm (Uncategorized)
Tags: ten on a tuesday
From Carole’s inspiration
- The Princess Bride
- Hatari — classic John Wayne from later in his life
- Almost all the James Bond movies. I love this series, although there are certain ones I watch only rarely. Others I watch lots!
- The Zorro movies. Zorro is a favorite character of mine, and I like most all of the movies of it I’ve been able to watch.
- Red Garters: I discovered it by accident, and have enjoyed it again and again ever since. Rosemary Clooney is a beautiful singer.
- Jeremy Brett’s Sherlock Holmes — most of them. He is the best rendition of Sherlock I’ve ever seen.
- David Suchet’s Hercule Poirot — at least the ones based on actual Agatha Christie stories. They started getting weird when they came up with their own stories.
- Star Wars — it’s a classic for a reason.
- Miracle on 34th St. — the old version. Nothing really replaces it.
- Hmm, I can’t think of a tenth. I’ll update when one occurs to me.
And yes, I know several of these are not movies. I stuck with the watch over and over again idea as being more important.
June 17, 2014 at 9:20 am (stray thoughts)
Eating / Just had yogurt and there’s a peach waiting as a mid-morning snack
Drinking / Just finished my morning coffee, but now it’s water until this eveing.
Practicing / Focus
Mastering / Well, I don’t know about mastering, but I have several sewing projects of knit materials waiting to be sewn up, so I am trying to master it…
Learning / To balance things at work
Trying / To make sure I get all the necessary things done before leaving next week
Playing / Inside my head
Finishing / A pair of gift socks — very soon!
Reading / Grantville Gazettes
Remembering / Mom. For some reason, I’ve been thinking of her here and there. It’s not a bad thing, actually
Wearing / A linen dress that needs to be copied, as it is beginning to show its age. But it is so comfortable
Cooking / Minimally, as the heat is getting up there
Working / On cataloging as much as possible before the material to be reviewed arrives
Traveling / To the Southwest very soon. I am eager to see the Grand Canyon
Wanting / Time to just be… the beach is less than a month awa