Roundup questions for blog
What special or unusual event occurred?
I don’t know how to include this, but I ended the month with tragedy. On Dec. 30th, my mother died unexpectedly of influenza, which attacked her otherwise perfectly healthy heart. I’m going to do a separate posting about it, if I feel like publishing something. The rest of the roundup will include everything UP TO that moment.
What were my accomplishments this month?
Finished teaching the kids class on Wednesday night with the end of November, so now I’m free to return to the ladies class.
What were my disappointments this month?
Tension due to Mom’s disappointments. Fortunately it was a brief episode.
Frustrated by difficulties in making yogurt. Mostly concerned with ongoing problems with maintaining temps. I may actually succumb and get one of those yogurt makers. If I’m going to be doing this regularly, it would be a good thing.
What books/music/shows did I enjoy this month?
- Artemis Fowl #2
- Artemis Fowl #3
- The capture of the Earl of Glencrae — reread
- A fine passion — reread, not very intense
- Viscount Breckenridge to the rescue — reread
- Mastered by love — reread
- Snow rangers of the Andes / Montgomery Atwater — reread
- Steel’s edge / Patricia Briggs — NEW!
- Flaming forest / Montgomery Atwater — reread
- Ski Patrol / Montgomery Atwater
- Man of Bronze: the Red Death / Kenneth Robeson — reread
- The trouble hunters / Montgomery Atwater — reread
- Doc Savage #2 — maybe a reread?
- Skyfall — OK
- Couple more of Hercule Poirot
What crafts did I work on this month (not what I finished, but what did I work on)?
- Rigid heddle weaving
- Socks #25
- Percy lace shawl
- Weaving dishcloths
- Wool applique quilt
- Xmas stocking
- Socks #26
- Baby sweater done with bulky yarn this time
- Headband(s) as a gift for Mom
What fun things did I do with my family, friends, or by myself?
Other than the tension moment referred to before, I had a pretty good Xmas. Even though my sister only made it for 24 hours with one son — due to sickness in the family — we had a good time.
White Elephant gift exchange with Care group at church.
Xmas party with guild. Tried roasted Brussels sprouts for the first time.
What gifts did I give and/or receive?
Nice shirts from Land’s End, new wireless trackball, a rigid heddle weaving DVD.
What special or unusual purchases did I make?
What illnesses or health concerns did I have?
Still fighting the sinus infection at the beginning of the month. But things seemed to settle down.
Anything else noteworthy to include?
Delivered food to some friends for after-baby recovery time.
What rest did I achieve this month?