Inspired by Carole knits
- Chewy molassas cookies – absolute top favorite that no one else habitually makes. I use the recipe from Cook’s Illustrated, which ensures properly chewy cookies.
- Hermits – which I like without all the nuts or dried fruit. I like the airyness of the cookie and the light touch of ginger flavor.
- Sugar cookies – no icing necessary
- Butter cookies – you know the ones found in the Danish tins?
- Gingerbread cookies – are you perchance getting a hint that I like the ginger flavor in my cookies.
- Chocolate chip is always good, IF they are chewy. (We are now moving into the I like them, but they are not true favorites. I don’t really have TEN favorites.)
- Same for double chocolate chip
- Sands (I think they are also known as Mexican wedding cookies)
- I don’t have another favorite cookie, but I do like the chocolate cookies with the cracked surface and sugar on top. I don’t know what their official name is.
I like cookies better than cake.