1. How will you spend ‘the night before Christmas’?
We’ll probably be loafing around the house, and Mom will be focused on the preparations for the next day’s dinner.
2. What is one thing you are not?
I am not over-excited and mostly not over-tired.
3. Fudge-are you a fan? Your favorite flavor?
Plain, rich chocolate fudge, yes absolutely. I don’t like too many flavors or additions.
4. Did you attend any craft/vendor fairs in the month of December? Do you prefer homemade goodies or the more professional stalls? Are you giving any homemade gifts this year?
I went to one in November but haven’t made it to any in December. I like both the homemade and the more professional, as long as it is useful, beautiful, and well-made. Badly or cheaply made does not interest me, I don’t care if it is a cottage industry or a face corporation. Quality counts.
I am giving one homemade gift, because I limit that kind of thing, in order not to be overstressed. The person who makes a whole bunch of handmade gifts is not me, due to all the issues that go with people who don’t necessarily appreciate what you do.
5. What’s your favorite type of holiday gathering?
I like potluck get-togethers with an entertaining gift exchange.
6. We’re approaching a new year…what’s going to be different in 2013?
I am thinking about my One Little Word for this year. Somehow it just came to me what this year should be about. I’ve never signed up for the class, but this year maybe I will. Either way, I’m going to try to figure out ways to focus on my theme for the year.
7. Share a favorite scripture, quote, saying, or song lyric relating to peace.
Let it snow, let it snow, let it snow – There is no real possibility of that for me, but I always like the hush that falls on the earth when the snow is falling and everyone is at home, curled up safe inside.
8. Insert your own random thought here.
Tomorrow I must drive ten hours. I am wondering what the traffic will be like on the I95 corridor.